Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Nail art #8 - Brainy polish?

The first thing that came to mind when I spotted Rimmel's Grey Matter was grey matter = component of brain. No joke. I'm a little surprised that I actually remember stuff from Year 11/12 biology class! But moving on from that.

I had stated some posts back that I had been lemming for some grey polishes for awhile, preferably a crème polish. And to my joy, I discovered Grey Matter when I dropped by Kmart about a week ago. (This also happened to be the time Kmart was having a sale and I was meant to be a good girl sitting at home, studying...) Here in Australia, Rimmel polishes are sold at ridiculously high prices for such tiny sizes of the bottle so I normally don't purchase them. However, as Grey Matter was on sale - only $3.50, what a bargain! - I took the plunge. And boy am I glad I did.
grey matter

Turns out that the grey leans more to an icy-blue shade, but I'm not complaining since I'm totally in love with it. Application was a pain though, I'm not sure if it's just my bottle or the polish but it was quite thick. It took me awhile, but all was good in the end. Two coats, then I decided to add some nail art to it by making use of my dotting tool :).

Polishes used:

Maybelline Colorama - Dark Chocolate
Ulta3 - Lily White
Rimmel - Your Majesty


There's a boo-boo on my third finger due to me getting it caught on something, can't remember what now. That'll teach me to wait for my nails to dry completely before doing anything.

Thanks for dropping by!
~shazzii

4 comments:

  1. That looks amazing! The pattern looks a bit like molecules!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ladies ♥

    domesticgoddess: Ooh, now that you mention it, they totally do! :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...