Thursday, August 22, 2013

OPI San Francisco collection comparisons

Hello everyone! I do apologise for the time it has taken me to get these comparisons up so I won't dilly dally any longer :) If you haven't seen it already, here is the link to my swatch and review post of the San Francisco collection.

Alright, let's get right into the comparisons! All swatches show two coats.


One of the requested comparisons was to see how similar In the cable car-pool lane and Anti-bleak were. In the cable car-pool lane has a crelly formula and is more berry toned compared to Anti-bleak, which is more purple toned and has a definite crème finish.

opi san francisco comparison

When I first saw Keeping Suzi at bay, it really reminded me of China Glaze First mate so I decided to put them side to side. No dupes here since First Mate is darker.

opi san francisco comparison

I decided to also do a side by side comparison of First date at the Golden Gate and Lost in Lombard since they look so similar within the collection. Next to each other though, you can definitely see Lost in Lombard is a darker red whereas First date at the Golden Gate leans more orange toned.

opi san francisco comparison

Lost in Lombard and Orly Ruby. They are very similar with Ruby being a touch brighter.

opi san francisco comparison

Haven't the foggiest and OPI Your royal shine-ness. No dupes here - Haven't the foggiest has a blue tinge to it.

opi san francisco comparison

Muir muir on the wall and OPI Every month is Oktoberfest. These two are very close too! Every month is Oktoberfest is a smidgen darker and more purple but it really isn't a huge difference. However, if I had to pick, I'd choose Every month is Oktoberfest simply because of that tiny difference :)

opi san francisco comparison

So there you have it! These are some nail polishes I found in my stash which were close (or I thought were close) to some of the San Francisco ones. I hope this helps with purchase decisions :)

Thanks for reading.
~Sharon

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the comparisons. Now I'm certain I don't need Muir Muir. I already have Every Month is Oktoberfest and from your picture it is far prettier than Muir Muir.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also- for reference - I Knead Sourdough is almost a dupe for I'm Fondue of You. I didn't figure that out until I had purchased, and now I feel duped. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for a great comparision!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally agree with you on that :) Muir Muir on the wall is pretty, but EMiO is sooooooo much better ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing that! I don't own Fondue of You so I'm definitely happy with I knead sourdough.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're most welcome! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...